- Dept: Purchasing
- Title: Purchasing Coordinator
- Reports to: Director of Purchasing
- Type of Position: Full Time
- Create initial Purchase Orders for construction starts; update and enter change orders as necessary throughout construction.
- Process EPO requests from the field in a timely manner to expedite the construction process.
- Research and resolve all problem invoices, with the goal to reduce problems by preemptively fixing takeoffs and training vendors
to work within our system.
- Assist manager in analyzing changes in costs from month to month by keeping track of price increases, takeoff revisions, labor
Work Experience and Attribute Requirements
and soft cost changes.
Minimum 5 years in a business environment. Knowledge of home building processes and related materials. Proficiency in Typing, Excel, Word and Outlook.
Demonstrated leadership ability. Self-starter with good analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to communicate clearly. Positive outlook and friendly
attitude. Willingness to go above and beyond in performing responsibilities and finding ways to improve operations. Potential to move into greater areas of
responsibility. Prior Purchasing and/or Accounting experience is preferred. Experience with Builder systems/databases such as Brix/AS400 is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. One year of construction/purchasing experience. Additional education and professional development courses are also desirable.