Work Experience and Attribute Requirements
- Manages, coordinates and motivates Subcontractors and Vendors to build high quality homes.
- Supervises the construction effort to ensure home completion in accordance with design, budget, schedule, customer goals and company objectives.
- Schedules all aspects of the building process including material orders, installations and job phases.
- Conducts on-site meetings with Subcontractors, Vendors, Buyers, and others as appropriate.
- Verifies layouts and materials. Ensures Subcontractors and Vendors check requirements.
- Persistently follows-up on Change Orders/AWAs and other matters to complete the job correctly and on time.
- Recommends procedural improvements to the Project Manager and implements those approved.
- Participates in pre-start, interim construction stage, and pre-close orientation meetings.
- Enforces compliance with all Subcontractor and Vendor contracts, Scopes of Work, Site Conditions, Job Rules and Safety Requirements.
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of the on-site field office to project a professional image (organized, clean, signage, etc.)
- Works harmoniously with the Construction, Sales, Buyers, Trades, Suppliers, Decorators, Office Staff, Inspectors and others involved in each project.
- Walks houses and coordinates punch list completion in a timely manner within the project budget.
- Coordinates completion of assigned warranty items in a timely manner. Learns from warranty issues and trends. Recommends and implements approved procedures to reduce issues in the future.
- Accurately completes paperwork and provides status reports as required.
- Manages, oversees, provides training and acts as a mentor to new superintendents.
- Continues education in OSHA and safety, means and methods, codes, management skills, new technology and products.
- Maintains model homes in accordance with Sitterle standards.
Minimum of two to five years related building experience. Knowledgeable in all aspects of construction including technology, products, equipment, methods, field engineering, materials, safety, and scheduling. Outstanding interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to communicate with diverse group of individuals. Strong leadership, organizational and multi-tasking skills to direct construction and scheduling activities. Ability to motivate trades to do their very best. Ability to learn quickly and to prioritize. Computer skills as required. Honest, self-motivated, hard-working and good negotiator. Punctual and willing to work extra hours to get the job done. Positive attitude and follow through. Calm with Buyers. Firm and fair with Trades.
High School is required. Trade or technical school. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Click Here to Download PDF of Field Operations Superintendent Job Details