The homes at The Pond at Cross Creek may be new, but the city of Fulshear, TX is steeped in rich history. Check out these fun historical facts about the land, people and homes near 77441.
· The city is named after Churchill Fulshear who was one of the original 300 families that received a land grant from Stephen F. Austin to settle in Texas.
· It was Churchill Fulshear, Jr. that gave the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway permission to pass through the area in 1888, which lead to the city’s development. Within 10 years 11 stores, 3 saloons, a hotel and a school were built.
· Many of the first residents were immigrants from Germany, Czechoslovakia, Scotland and Ireland who were making their way west but decided to stay in Fulshear.
· Agriculture has been a part of the Fulshear economy since the first settlers. One of the most important crops was pecans, which is famous in the state of Texas.
· The Fulshear plantation house, one of the first Fulshear, TX homes, was a grand 4-story mansion built in the 1850s. Eventually the home fell into disrepair and during a decline in the 1930s the plantation house was torn down.
· The first official church was the Methodist church built in 1894, and it still exists today.
Sitterle Homes can help you and your family make memories that will last for years to come. The Pond at Cross Creek celebrates the uniquely beautiful countryside of south Texas with sizeable lots and views that you can’t find in Houston homes for sale. Come by today to see why the city’s first residents couldn’t tear themselves away from the beauty of Fulshear.