Stone Oak is an established, upscale neighborhood located in north central San Antonio. The area features master-planned communities like Stately Oaks by Sitterle Homes that have been developed in recent years. If you are looking for new homes, 78260 has many options, but the more information you have on the area the better choice you can make about where your family lives. This quick guide provides essential information on living in Stone Oak.
The following information was provided by the 2010 U.S. Census and shows that the 78260 area is a great place for raising a family. There are lots of kids and a high rate of home ownership.
· Population: 24,8454
· 33.6% of the population is 19 or under
· Total households: 8,221
· Average family size: 3.32
· Owner occupied homes: 88%
The exemplary educational institutions are a major draw for many of the people that are considering homes for sale near San Antonio in Stone Oak. From kindergarten through college there are a number of top-rated schools within miles of Stone Oak.
· Northeast Independent School District – Serves as the district for elementary, middle school and high school students in Stately Oaks. It includes exemplary schools like Canyon Ridge Elementary School, Barbara Bush Middle School and Ronald Reagan High School.
· University of Texas at San Antonio
· ITT Technical Institute
The City of San Antonio, as well as independent retail providers, supplies a number of utility services in Stone Oak. These include:
Water – San Antonio Water System
Natural Gas – Top providers include: City Public Service (CPS) Energy and Grey Forest Utilities
Electricity – CPS Energy
Garbage and Recycling – City of San Antonio